1. Dastgiri S, Mahbob S, Totonchi H, O stad Rahimi A. Factors affecting on food Insecurity: A cross-sectional study in Tabriz, 2004-2005. Journal of Ardabil University of Medical Sciences. 2006; 6(3): 233-9. (persian)
2. Frongillo EA, Nanama S. Development and validation of an experience-based measure of household food insecurity within and across seasons in northern Burkina Faso. J Nutr. 2006; 136(5): 1409S-1419S.
3. Melgar-Quinonez HR, Zubieta AC, MkNelly B, Nteziyaremye A, Gerardo MFD, Dunford C. Household food insecurity and food expenditure in Bolivia, Burkina Faso, and the Philippines. J Nutr. 2006; 136(5): 1431S-1437S.
4. McKeown D. Food Security: Implications for Early Years Population. Background paper: Toronto Public Health; 2006.
5. Tarasuk V. Discussion paper on household and individual food insecurity. Health Canada. 2001; 13.
6. Che J, Chen J. Food insecurity in Canadian households. Health Rep. 2001; 12(4): 11-22.
7. Shariff ZM, Lin KG. Indicators and nutritional outcomes of household food insecurity among a sample of rural Malaysian women. Pak J Nutr. 2004; 3(1): 50-5.
8. Food, Nations AOotU. The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2017: Building Resilience for Peace and Food Security: FAO; 2017.
9. Hakim, Dorosti, Ashraghiyan. Relationship between food insecurity and some socio-economic factors with body mass index (BMI) in women in Dezful )in persian). Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. 2010; 8(2): 55-66.
10. Ramesh T, Dorosty Motlagh AR, Abdolahi M. prevalence of household food insecurity in the City of Shiraz and its association with socio-economic and demographic factors, 2008. iranian journal of nutrition sciences & food technology. 2010; 4(4): 53-64. (persian)
11. Smith L, Subandoro A. Improving the empirical basis for assessing food insecurity in developing countries: Asia. Report submitted to the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom and to the Australian Agency for International Development by International Food Policy Research Institute International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington, DC. 2005.
12. Vozoris NT, Tarasuk VS. Household food insufficiency is associated with poorer health. J Nutr. 2003; 133(1): 120-6.
13. Mahan LK, Raymond JL. Krause's food & the nutrition care process-e-book. 14th Edition. Elsevier Health Sciences; 2017. p. 1152.
14. Brunton LL, Lazo JS, Parker K, et al. Goodman and Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics: Digital Edition, 11th Edition. Mc Graw-Hill, USA. 2006. p. 1127-52.
15. Wild S, Roglic G, Green A, Sicree R, King H. Global prevalence of diabetes: estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030. Diabetes Care. 2004; 27(5): 1047-53.
16. King H, Aubert RE, Herman WH. Global burden of diabetes, 1995–2025: prevalence, numerical estimates, and projections. Diabetes Care. 1998; 21(9): 1414-31.
17. Maghsoudi Z, Azadbakht L. How dietary patterns could have a role in prevention, progression, or management of diabetes mellitus? Review on the current evidence. J Res Med Sci. 2012; 17(7): 694-709.
18. Seligman HK, Bindman AB, Vittinghoff E, Kanaya AM, Kushel MB. Food insecurity is associated with diabetes mellitus: results from the National Health Examination and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 1999–2002. J Gen Intern Med. 2007; 22(7): 1018-23.
19. Heerman WJ, Wallston KA, Osborn CY, Bian A, Schlundt DG, Barto SD, et al. Food insecurity is associated with diabetes self‐care behaviours and glycaemic control. Diabet Med. 2016; 33(6): 844-50.
20. Shalowitz MU, Eng JS, McKinney CO, Krohn J, Lapin B, Wang CH, et al. Food security is related to adult type 2 diabetes control over time in a United States safety net primary care clinic population. Nutr Diabetes. 2017; 7(5): e277.
21. Tait CA, L’Abbé MR, Smith PM, Rosella LC. The association between food insecurity and incident type 2 diabetes in Canada: A population-based cohort study. PloS One. 2018; 13(5): e0195962.
22. Hasan-Ghomi M, Ejtahed HS, Mirmiran P, Hosseini-Esfahani F, Sarbazi N, Azizi F, et al. Relationship of food security with type 2 diabetes and its risk factors in Tehranian adults. Int J Prev Med. 2015; 6: 98.
23. Najibi N, Sadr zadeh yeganeh H, Dorosti motlagh AR, Ishrahiyan MR, Azizi S. Food insecurity and some of its nutritional factors in newly diagnosed diabetic patients. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism. 2012; 12(1): 39-46. (persian)
24. Gholami A, Khazaee-Pool M, Rezaee N, Amirkalali B, Abbasi Ghahremanlo A, Moradpour F, et al. Household food insecurity is associated with health-related quality of life in rural type 2 diabetic patients. Arch Iran Med. 2017; 20(6): 350-5.
25. Bickel G, Nord M, Price C, Hamilton W, Cook J. Guide to measuring household food security. Revised; 2000.
26. Gucciardi E, Vogt JA, DeMelo M, Stewart DE. Exploration of the relationship between household food insecurity and diabetes mellitus in Canada. Diabetes Care. 2009; 32(12): 2218-24.
27. Seligman HK, Laraia BA, Kushel MB. Food insecurity is associated with chronic disease among low-income NHANES participants. J Nutr. 2010; 140(2): 304-10.
28. Fitzgerald N, Hromi-Fiedler A, Segura-Pérez S, Pérez-Escamilla R. Food insecurity is related to increased risk of type 2 diabetes among Latinas. Ethn Dis. 2011; 21(3): 328-34.
29. Gucciardi E, Vahabi M, Norris N, Del Monte JP, Farnum C. The intersection between food insecurity and diabetes: a review. Curr Nutr Rep. 2014; 3(4): 324-32.
30. Foley W, Ward P, Carter P, Coveney J, Tsourtos G, Taylor A. An ecological analysis of factors associated with food insecurity in South Australia, 2002–7. Public Health Nutr. 2010; 13(2): 215-21.
31. Rose D. Economic determinants and dietary consequences of food insecurity in the United States. J Nutr. 1999; 129(2S Suppl): 517S-520S.
32. Hanson KL, Sobal J, Frongillo EA. Gender and marital status clarify associations between food insecurity and body weight. J Nutr. 2007; 137(6): 1460-5.
33. Marjerrison S, Cummings EA, Glanville NT, Kirk SF, Ledwell M. Prevalance and associations of food insecurity in children with diabetes mellitus. J Pediatr. 2011; 158(4): 607-11.
34. Bawadi HA, Ammari F, Abu-Jamous D, Khader YS, Bataineh S, Tayyem RF. Food insecurity is related to glycemic control deterioration in patients with type 2 diabetes. Clin Nutr. 2012; 31(2): 250-4.
35. Cheng S, Kamano J, Kirui NK, Manuthu E, Buckwalter V, Ouma K, et al. Prevalence of food insecurity in patients with diabetes in western Kenya. Diabet Med. 2013; 30(6): e215-22.
36. Larson NI, Story MT. Food insecurity and weight status among US children and families: a review of the literature. Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40(2): 166-73.