1. Murray CJL, Lopez AD, World Health Organization. The global burden of disease: a comprehensive assessment of mortality and disability from diseases, injuries, and risk factors in 1990 and projected to 2020: summary. Published by the Harvard school of public Health on behalf of the WHO and Word Bank and distributed by Harvard University Press.
2. Alberti KG, Eckel RH, Grundy SM, Zimmet PZ, Cleeman JI, Donato KA, et al. Harmonizing the metabolic syndrome: a joint interim statement of the international diabetes federation task force on epidemiology and prevention; national heart, lung, and blood institute; American heart association; world heart federation; international atherosclerosis society; and international association for the study of obesity. Circulation. 2009; 120(16): 1640-5.
3. Reaven GM, Chen YD. Role of insulin in regulation of lipoprotein metabolism in diabetes. Diabetes Metab Rev. 1988; 4(7): 639-52.
4. Vezzosi D, Bennet A, Fauvel J, Caron P. Insulin, C-Peptide and proinsulin for the biochemical diagnosis of hypoglycaemia related to endogenous hyperinsulinism. Eur J Endocrinol. 2007; 157(1): 75-83.
5. Sardar MA, Shamsian AA, Taghavi M. The interaction effect of glibenclamide and aerobic training on C-Peptide, insulin and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetic patients. Iran J Diabetes Metabol. 2006; 6(1): 91-9. (Persian)
6. Lakka TA, Laaksonen DE. Physical activity in prevention and treatment of the metabolic syndrome. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2007; 32(1): 76-88.
7. Saremi A, Shavandi N, ShahrjerdiSh, Mahmoudi Z. The Effect of Aerobic Training with Vitamin D Supplementation on Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Obese Women. J Cell Tissue (JCT). 2014; 4(4): 389-97.
8. Vissers D, Hens W, Taeymans J, Baeyens JP, Poortmans J, Van Gaal L. The effect of exercise on visceral adipose tissue in overweight adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. PloS One. 2013; 8(2): e56415.
9. Sigal RJ, Kenny GP, Boule NG, Wells GA, Prud’homme D, Fortier M, et al. Effects of aerobic training, resistance training, or both on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med. 2007; 147(6): 357-69.
10. Church TS, Blair SN, Cocreham S, Johannsen N, Johnson W, Kramer K, et al. Effects of aerobic and resistance training on hemoglobin A1c levels in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2010; 304(20): 2253-62.
11. Sigal RJ, Kenny GP. Combined aerobic and resistance exercise for patients with type 2 diabetes. JAMA. 2010; 304(20): 2298-9.
12. Elgarejo P, Salazar DM, Artes F. Organic acids and sugars composition of harvested pomegranate fruits. Eur Food Res Technol. 2000; 211(3): 185–90.
13. Gil MI, Tomás-Barberán FA, Hess-Pierce B, Holcroft DM, Kader AA. Antioxidant activity of pomegranate juice and its relationship with phenolic composition and processing. J Agric Food Chem. 2000; 48(10): 4581-9.
14. Aviram M, Dornfeld L, Kaplan M, Coleman R, Gaitini D, Nitecki S, et al. Pomegranate juice flavonoids inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation and cardiovascular diseases: studies in atherosclerotic mice and in humans. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 2002; 28(2-3): 49-62.
15. Esmaillzadeh A, Tahbaz F, Gaieni I, Alavi-Majd H, Azadbakht L. Concentrated pomegranate juice improves lipid profiles in diabetic patients with hyperlipidemia. J Med Food. 2004; 7(3): 305-8.
16. Mirjalili SA. A Review on Biochemical Constituents and Medicinal Properties of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.). Journal of Medicinal Plants. 2015; 4 (56): 1-22. (Persian)
17. Ceriella A, Colagiuri S, Gerich J, Tuomilehto J; Guideline Development Group. Guideline for management of postmeal glucose. Nutr Metab Cardiovas Dis. 2008; 18(4): S17-33.
18. American College of Sports Medicine, Pescatello LS, Arena R, Riebe D, Wolters Kluwer PDT, Lippincott W, et al. ACSM’s guidelines for exercise testing and prescription 9th Ed. 2014. J Can Chiropr Assoc. 2014; 58(3): 328.
19. Zimmet P, Alberti KGMM, Ríos MS. A new International Diabetes Federation (IDF) worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome: the rationale and the results. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2005; 58(12): 1371-6.
20. Shishebor F, Mohammadshahi M, Zakerkish M, Saki A, Shirani F, Zarei M, et al. Effect of concentrate pomegranate juice on cardiovascular factors in patients with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Isfahan Medical School. 2015; 32(309): 1944-53.
21. Nakagawa T, Yokozawa T, Terasawa K, Shu S, Juneja LR. Protective activity of green tea against free radical- and glucose-mediated protein damage. J Agric Food Chem. 2002; 50(8): 2418-22.
22. Castaneda-Ovando A, de Lourdes Pacheco-Hernández M, Páez-Hernández ME, Rodríguez JA, Galán-Vidal CA. Chemical studies of anthocyanins: A review. Food Chem. 2009; 113(4): 859-71.
23. Lo CY, Li S, Tan D, Pan MH, Sang S, Ho CT. Trapping reactions of reactive carbonyl species with tea polyphenols in simulated physiological conditions. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2006; 50(12): 1118-28.
24. Doan KV, Ko CM, Kinyua AW, Yang DJ, Choi YH, Oh IY, et al. Gallic acid regulates body weight and glucose homeostasis through AMPK activation. Endocrinology. 2015; 156(1): 157-68.
25. Park YK, Lee J, Hong VS, Choi JS, Lee TY, Jang BC. Identification of KMU-3, a novel derivative of gallic acid, as an inhibitor of adipogenesis. PloS One. 2014; 9(10): e109344.
26. Sardar MA, Shamsian AA, Sohrabi M, Aminzadeh R. The effect of aerobic physical activity on changes in glucose, HbA1cand quality of life in type 2 diabetic patients. Iran J Sport Physiol. 2009; 1(2): 10-16. (Persian)
27. Jorge ML, de Oliveira VN, Resende NM, Paraiso LF, Calixto A, Diniz AL, et al. The effects of aerobic, resistance, and combined exercise on metabolic control, inflammatory markers, adipocytokines, and muscle insulin signaling in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2011; 60(9): 1244-52.
28. Bello AI, Owusu-Boakye E, Adegoke BO, Adjei DN. Effects of aerobic exercise on selected physiological parameters and quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Gen Med. 2011; 4(2): 723-7.
29. Balducci S, Zanuso S, Nicolucci A, Fernando F, Cavallo S, Cardelli P, et al. Anti-inflammatory effect of exercise training in subjects with type 2 diabetes and the metabolic syndrome is dependent on exercise modalities and independent of weight loss. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2010; 20(8): 608-17.
30. Kang SJ, Ko KJ, Baek UH. Effects of 12 weeks combined aerobic and resistance exercise on heart rate variability in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. J Phys Ther Sci. 2016; 28(7): 2088-93.
31. Heding LG. Insulin, C-Peptide, and proinsulin in nondiabetic and insulin- treated Diabetics: Characterization of the Proinsulin in Insulin-treated Diabetics. Diabetes. 1978; 27 Suppl 1: 178-83.
32. Abedinzadeh M, Rastegar K, Zarifkar A, Rafati A, Monabati A, Khakpour B. Effect of C-Peptide on cognitive dysfunction in type 1 diabetic rat. Journal of Guilan University of Medical Sciences. 2009; 18(71): 7-12. (Persian)
33. Rosenblat M, Volkova N, Coleman R, Aviram M. Pomegranate byproduct administration to apolipoprotein e-deficient mice attenuates atherosclerosis development as a result of decreased macrophage oxidative stress and reduced cellular uptake of oxidized low-density lipoprotein. J Agric Food Chem. 2006; 54(5): 1928-35.
34. Tokmakidis SP, Zois CE, Volaklis KA, Kotsa K, Touvra AM. The effects of a combined strength and aerobic exercise program on glucose control and insulin action in women with type 2 diabetes. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2004; 92(4-5): 437-42.
35. Sigal RJ, Kenny GP, Wassermann DH, Castaneda-Sceppa C, White RD. Physical activity/exercise and type 2 diabetes: a consensus statement from the American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care. 2006; 29(6): 1433-8.
36. Cuff D, Meneilly GS, Martin A, Ignaszewski A, Tildesley HD, Frohlich JJ. Effective exercise modality to reduce insulin resistance in women with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2003; 26(11): 2977-82.
37. Kern M, Wells JA, Stephens JM, Elton CW, Friedman JE, Tapscott EB, et al. Insulin responsiveness in skeletal muscle is determined by glucose transporter (Glut4) protein level. Biochem J. 1990; 270(2): 397-400.
38. Kadoglou NP, Perrea D, Iliadis F, Angelopoulou N, Liapis C, Alevizos M. Exercise reduces resistin and inflammatory cytokines in patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30(3): 719-21.
39. Maiorana A, O’Driscoll G, Goodman C, Taylor R, Green D. Combined aerobic and resistance exercise improves glycemic control and fitness in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2002; 56(2): 115–23.