1. Gram L, Dalgaard P. Fish spoilage bacteria–problems and solutions. Curr Opin Biotechnol.. 2002;13:262-266.
2. Austin B: The bacterial microflora of fish, revised. Sci. World J. 6: 931–945. 2006.
3. Chytiri S, Chouliara I, Savvaidis I, Kontominas M. Microbiological, chemical and sensory assessment of iced whole and filleted aquacultured rainbow trout. Food Microbiol. 2004;21:157-165.
4. Mahmoud BS, Yamazaki K, Miyashita K, Il-Shik S, Dong-Suk C, Suzuki T. Bacterial microflora of carp (Cyprinus carpio) and its shelf-life extension by essential oil compounds. Food Microbiol. 2004;21:657-666.
5. Mastromatteo M, Danza A, Conte A, Muratore G, Del Nobile MA. Shelf life of ready to use peeled shrimps as affected by thymol essential oil and modified atmosphere packaging. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010;144:250-256.
6. Hungerford JM. Scombroid poisoning: a review. Toxicon. 2010;56:231-243.
7. Bjornsdottir K, Bolton GE, McClellan-Green PD, Jaykus L-A, Green DP. Detection of gram-negative histamine-producing bacteria in fish: a comparative study. J Food Prot. 2009;72:1987-1991.
8. Venturini D, Simão ANC, Urbano MR, Dichi I. Effects of extra virgin olive oil and fish oil on lipid profile and oxidative stress in patients with metabolic syndrome. Nut. 2015;31:834-840.
9. Fang W, Qi F, Yin Y, Yang Z. Exogenous Spermidine Promotes γ-Aminobutyric Acid Accumulation and Alleviates the Negative Effect of NaCl Stress in Germinating Soybean (Glycine max L.). Foods. 2020;9:267.
10. Lehane L, Olley J. Histamine fish poisoning revisited. Int J food microbiol. 2000;58:1-37.
11. Yu Y, Wang P, Bian L, Hong S. Rare death via histamine poisoning following crab consumption: a case report. J forensic sci. 2018;63:980-982.
12. Wang D, Yamaki S, Kawai Y, Yamazaki K. Sanitizing efficacy and antimicrobial mechanism of peracetic acid against histamine-producing bacterium, Morganella psychrotolerans. LWT. 2020:109263.
13. Dawood AA, Karkalas J, Roy RN, Williams CS. The occurrence of non-volatile amines in chilled-stored rainbow trout (Salmo irideus). Food Chem. 1988;27:33-45.
14. Noori SMA, Khanzadi S, Fazlara A, Najafzadehvarzi H, Azizzadeh M. Effect of lactic acid and ajwain (Carum copticum) on the biogenic amines and quality of refrigerated common carp (Cyprinus carpio). LWT. 2018;97:434-439.
15. Navarro‐Segura L, Ros‐Chumillas M, Martínez‐Hernández GB, López‐Gómez A. A New Advanced Packaging System for Extending The Shelf Life of Refrigerated Farmed Fish Fillets. J Sci Food Agric. 2020.
16. Sun Q, Zhao X, Chen H, Zhang C, Kong B. Impact of spice extracts on the formation of biogenic amines and the physicochemical, microbiological and sensory quality of dry sausage. Food Control. 2018;92:190-200.
17. Cai L, Cao A, Li Y, Song Z, Leng L, Li J. The effects of essential oil treatment on the biogenic amines inhibition and quality preservation of red drum (Sciaenops ocellatus) fillets. Food Control. 2015;56:1-8.
18. Buňková L, Buňka F, Hlobilová M, Vaňátková Z, Nováková D, Dráb V. Tyramine production of technological important strains of Lactobacillus, Lactococcus and Streptococcus. Eur Food Res Technol. 2009;229:533-538.
19. Bardócz S. Polyamines in food and their consequences for food quality and human health. Trends Food Sci Technol. 1995;6:341-346.
20. Restuccia D, Spizzirri UG, Bonesi M, Tundis R, Menichini F, Picci N, Loizzo MR. Evaluation of fatty acids and biogenic amines profiles in mullet and tuna roe during six months of storage at 4 C. J Food Compost Anal. 2015;40:52-60.
21. Hu Y, Huang Z, Li J, Yang H. Concentrations of biogenic amines in fish, squid and octopus and their changes during storage. Food chem. 2012;135:2604-2611.
22. Wang H, Luo Y, Huang H, Xu Q. Microbial succession of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idellus) filets during storage at 4° C and its contribution to biogenic amines' formation. Int J food microbiol. 2014;190:66-71.
23. Křížek M, Vácha F, Pelikánová T. Biogenic amines in carp roe (Cyprinus carpio) preserved by four different methods. Food Chem. 2011;126:1493-1497.
24. Ruiz‐Capillas C, Moral A. Production of biogenic amines and their potential use as quality control indices for hake (Merluccius merluccius, L.) stored in ice. J Food Sci. 2001;66:1030-1032.
25. Lee Y-C, Tseng P-H, Hwang C-C, Kung H-F, Huang Y-L, Lin C-S, Wei C-I, Tsai Y-H. Effect of Vacuum Packaging on Histamine Production in Japanese Spanish Mackerel (Scomberomorus niphonius) Stored at Various Temperatures. J Food Prot. 2019;82:1931-1937.
26. Pavlović MS, Ivanović S, Pavlović IN, Rokvić NI, Radosavljević V, Vasilev D. Histamine levels in fish samples collected from Serbian market in 2018. Food Feed Res. 2019;46:37-43.
27. Restuccia D, Spizzirri UG, Bonesi M, Tundis R, Menichini F, Picci N, Loizzo MR. Evaluation of fatty acids and biogenic amines profiles in mullet and tuna roe during six months of storage at 4° C. J Food Compost Anal. 2015;40:52-60.
28. Rossano R, Mastrangelo L, Ungaro N, Riccio P. Influence of storage temperature and freezing time on histamine level in the European anchovy Engraulis encrasicholus (L., 1758): a study by capillary electrophoresis. J Chromatog B. 2006;830:161-164.
29. Edmunds W, Eitenmiller R. Effect of storage time and temperature on histamine content and histidine decarboxylase activity of aquatic species. J Food Sci. 1975;40:516-519.
30. Lin C-S, Liu F-L, Lee Y-C, Hwang C-C, Tsai Y-H. Histamine contents of salted seafood products in Taiwan and isolation of halotolerant histamine-forming bacteria. Food Chem. 2012;131:574-579.
31. Hosseini SF, Rezaei M, Zandi M, Farahmand Ghavi F. Effect of Fish Gelatin Coating Enriched with Oregano Essential Oil on the Quality of Refrigerated Rainbow Trout Fillet. J Aquat Food Prod Technol. 2015.
32. Ojagh SM, Rezaei M, Razavi SH, Hosseini SMH. Effect of chitosan coatings enriched with cinnamon oil on the quality of refrigerated rainbow trout. Food Chem. 2010;120:193-198.
33. Attouchi M, Sadok S. The effect of powdered thyme sprinkling on quality changes of wild and farmed gilthead sea bream fillets stored in ice. Food Chem. 2010;119:1527-1534.
34. Giatrakou V, Kykkidou S, Papavergou A, Kontominas M, Savvaidis I. Potential of oregano essential oil and MAP to extend the shelf life of fresh swordfish: a comparative study with ice storage. J Food Sci. 2008;73:M167-M173.
35. Heude C, Lemasson E, Elbayed K, Piotto M. Rapid assessment of fish freshness and quality by 1H HR-MAS NMR spectroscopy. Food Anal Methods. 2015;8:907-915.
36. Zeng QZ, Thorarinsdottir KA, Olafsdottir G. Quality changes of shrimp (Pandalus borealis) stored under different cooling conditions. J Food Sci. 2005;70:s459-s466.
37. Kilinc B, Cakli S. Determination of the shelf life of sardine (Sardina pilchardus) marinades in tomato sauce stored at 4 C. Food Control. 2005;16:639-644.
38. Mendes R. Guidebook on melanosis inhibitors and processing technology of crustaceans. INIAP/IPIMAR: Project QLK1. 2006.
39. Zhang B, Ma L-k, Deng S-g, Xie C, Qiu X-h. Shelf-life of pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) as affected by weakly acidic electrolyzed water ice-glazing and modified atmosphere packaging. Food Control. 2015;51:114-121.