1. Farooq A, Herrera CP, Almudahka F, Mansour R. A prospective study of the physiological and neurobehavioral effects of Ramadan fasting in preteen and teenage boys. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015;115(6):889-97.
2. Shariatpanahi ZV, Shariatpanahi MV, Shahbazi S, Hossaini A, Abadi A. Effect of Ramadan fasting on some indices of insulin resistance and components of the metabolic syndrome in healthy male adults. Br J Nutr. 2008;100(1):147-51.
3. Assadi M, Akrami A, Beikzadeh F, Seyedabadi M, Nabipour I, Larijani B, et al. Impact of Ramadan fasting on intraocular pressure, visual acuity and refractive errors. Singapore Med J. 2011;52(4):263-6.
4. Ziaee V, Razaei M, Ahmadinejad Z, Shaikh H, Yousefi R, Yarmohammadi L, et al. The changes of metabolic profile and weight during Ramadan fasting. Singapore Med J. 2006;47(5):409-14.
5. Dadeya S, Kamlesh, Shibal F, Khurana C, Khanna A. Effect of religious fasting on intra-ocular pressure. Eye. 2002;16(4):463-5.
6. Bogdan A, Bouchareb B, Touitou Y. Ramadan fasting alters endocrine and neuroendocrine circadian patterns. Meal-time as a synchronizer in humans? Life Sci. 2001;68(14):1607-15.
7. Leiper JB, Molla AM, Molla AM. Effects on health of fluid restriction during fasting in Ramadan. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003; 57 Suppl 2:S30-8.
8. Sarraf-Zadegan N, Atashi M, Naderi GA, Baghai AM, Asgary S, Fatehifar MR, et al. The effect of fasting in Ramadan on the values and interrelations between biochemical, coagulation and hematological factors. Ann Saudi Med. 2000;20(5-6):377-81.
9. Shahsavan F, Rajabi S, Sedaghat M-R, Nematy M, Heravian J, Amirkalali Sijavandi MS, et al. Effects of Ramadan fasting on micronutrients and their correlations with the ocular axial length and anterior chamber depth. Effects of Ramadan fasting on micronutrients and their correlations with the ocular axial length and anterior chamber depth. J Fasting Health. 2017;5(4):144-50.
10. Nowroozzadeh MH, Mirhosseini A, Meshkibaf MH, Roshannejad J. Effect of Ramadan fasting in tropical summer months on ocular refractive and biometric characteristics. Clin Exp Optom. 2012;95(2):173-6.
11. Baser G, Cengiz H, Uyar M, Seker Un E. Diurnal alterations of refraction, anterior segment biometrics, and intraocular pressure in long-time dehydration due to religious fasting. Semin Ophthalmol; 2016;31(5):499-504.
12. Sedaghat M-R, Heravian J, Askarizadeh F, Jabbarvand M, Nematy M, Rakhshandadi T, et al. Investigation of the effects of Islamic fasting on ocular parameters. J Curr Ophthalmol. 2017;29(4):287-92.
13. Heravian J, Nematy M, Yazdani N, Azimi A, Ostadimoghaddam H, Yekta A, et al. Comprehensive Evaluation of dehydration impact on ocular tissue during Ramadan fasting. J Fasting Health 2015;3(1):11-7.
14. Dadeya S, Kamlesh, Shibal F, Khurana C, Khanna A. Effect of religious fasting on intra-ocular pressure. Eye. 2002;16:463.
15. Kerimoglu H, Ozturk B, Gunduz K, Bozkurt B, Kamis U, Okka M. Effect of altered eating habits and periods during Ramadan fasting on intraocular pressure, tear secretion, corneal and anterior chamber parameters. Eye. 2009;24:97.