1. Perreault L. Overweight and obesity in adults: Health consequences. 2018.
2. Turner M, Jannah N, Kahan S, Gallagher C, Dietz W. Current knowledge of obesity treatment guidelines by health care professionals. Obesity. 2018;26(4):665-71.
3. Lu D, Che J, Lu Y, Wu H, Yarla N. An Overview of Obesity. Metabolomics (Los Angels). 2018;8(200):2153-0769.1000200.
4. Canter RJ, Le CT, Beerthuijzen JM, Murphy WJ. Obesity as an immune‐modifying factor in cancer immunotherapy. Journal of leukocyte biology. 2018.
5. Preston SH, Vierboom YC, Stokes A. The role of obesity in exceptionally slow US mortality improvement. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2018:201716802.
6. Nyman MH, Nilsson U, Dahlberg K, Jaensson M. Association Between Functional Health Literacy and Postoperative Recovery, Health Care Contacts, and Health-Related Quality of Life Among Patients Undergoing Day Surgery: Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA surgery. 2018.
7. Luppino FS, de Wit LM, Bouvy PF, Stijnen T, Cuijpers P, Penninx BW, et al. Overweight, obesity, and depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of longitudinal studies. Archives of general psychiatry. 2010;67(3):220-9.
8. McGoldrick KE. Years of Life Lost Due to Obesity. Survey of Anesthesiology. 2004;48(1):56-7.
9. Collaboration APCS. The burden of overweight and obesity in the Asia–Pacific region. Obesity Reviews. 2007;8(3):191-6.
10. Azizi F, Azadbakht L, Mirmiran P. Trends in overweight, obesity and central fat accumulation among Tehranian adults between 1998–1999 and 2001–2002: Tehran lipid and glucose study. Annals of nutrition and metabolism. 2005;49(1):3-8.
11. Eisenberg DM, Burgess JD. Nutrition education in an era of global obesity and diabetes: thinking outside the box. Academic Medicine. 2015;90(7):854-60.
12. Das UN. Essential fatty acids: biochemistry, physiology and pathology. Biotechnology Journal: Healthcare Nutrition Technology. 2006;1(4):420-39.
13. Burdge GC, Calder PC. Conversion of $alpha $-linolenic acid to longer-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in human adults. Reproduction Nutrition Development. 2005;45(5):581-97.
14. Burdge G. Metabolism of α-linolenic acid in humans. Prostaglandins, leukotrienes and essential fatty acids. 2006;75(3):161-8.
15. DeFilippis AP, Sperling LS. Understanding omega-3's. American heart journal. 2006;151(3):564-70.
16. Rimm EB, Appel LJ, Chiuve SE, Djoussé L, Engler MB, Kris-Etherton PM, et al. Seafood long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: a science advisory from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2018;138(1):e35-e47.
17. Kolanowski W. Fish Oil as a Source of omega-3 Fatty Acids-Health Effect and Food Enrichment. PRZEMYSL SPOZYWCZY. 2000(9):56-69.
18. McNamara RK, Carlson SE. Role of omega-3 fatty acids in brain development and function: potential implications for the pathogenesis and prevention of psychopathology. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids. 2006;75(4-5):329-49.
19. Riediger ND, Othman RA, Suh M, Moghadasian MH. A systemic review of the roles of n-3 fatty acids in health and disease. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2009;109(4):668-79.
20. Bhaswant M, Poudyal H, Brown L. Mechanisms of enhanced insulin secretion and sensitivity with n-3 unsaturated fatty acids. The Journal of nutritional biochemistry. 2015;26(6):571-84.
21. Miller PE, Van Elswyk M, Alexander DD. Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid and blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. American journal of hypertension. 2014;27(7):885-96.
22. Proudman SM, James MJ, Spargo LD, Metcalf RG, Sullivan TR, Rischmueller M, et al. Fish oil in recent onset rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised, double-blind controlled trial within algorithm-based drug use. Annals of the rheumatic diseases. 2015;74(1):89-95.
23. Bozzatello P, Brignolo E, De Grandi E, Bellino S. Supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids in psychiatric disorders: a review of literature data. Journal of clinical medicine. 2016;5(8):67.
24. Kumar A, Mastana SS, Lindley MR. n-3 Fatty acids and asthma. Nutrition research reviews. 2016;29(1):1-16.
25. Colussi G, Catena C, Novello M, Bertin N, Sechi L. Impact of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on vascular function and blood pressure: relevance for cardiovascular outcomes. Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases. 2017;27(3):191-200.
26. Siscovick DS, Barringer TA, Fretts AM, Wu JH, Lichtenstein AH, Costello RB, et al. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid (fish oil) supplementation and the prevention of clinical cardiovascular disease: a science advisory from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2017;135(15):e867-e84.
27. Nabavi SF, Bilotto S, Russo GL, Orhan IE, Habtemariam S, Daglia M, et al. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cancer: lessons learned from clinical trials. Cancer and Metastasis Reviews. 2015;34(3):359-80.
28. Hastert TA, de Oliveira Otto MC, Lê-Scherban F, Steffen BT, Steffen LM, Tsai MY, et al. Association of plasma phospholipid polyunsaturated and trans fatty acids with body mass index: results from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis. International Journal of Obesity. 2018;42(3):433.
29. Garneau V, Rudkowska I, Paradis A-M, Godin G, Julien P, Pérusse L, et al. Association between plasma omega-3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease risk factors. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism. 2012;38(3):243-8.
30. Karlsson M, Mårild S, Brandberg J, Lönn L, Friberg P, Strandvik B. Serum phospholipid fatty acids, adipose tissue, and metabolic markers in obese adolescents. Obesity. 2006;14(11):1931-9.
31. Seidell JC, Halberstadt J. The global burden of obesity and the challenges of prevention. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2015;66(Suppl. 2):7-12.
32. Arabi SM, Nematy M, Hashemi M, Safarian M. Effects of Ramadan fasting on plasma free fatty acids in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Journal of Fasting and Health. 2016;4(3):97-101.
33. Bligh EG, Dyer WJ. A rapid method of total lipid extraction and purification. Canadian journal of biochemistry and physiology. 1959;37(8):911-7.
34. Firl N, Kienberger H, Hauser T, Rychlik M. Determination of the fatty acid profile of neutral lipids, free fatty acids and phospholipids in human plasma. Clinical chemistry and laboratory medicine. 2013;51(4):799-810.
35. Klein-Platat C, Drai J, Oujaa M, Schlienger J-L, Simon C. Plasma fatty acid composition is associated with the metabolic syndrome and low-grade inflammation in overweight adolescents–. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2005;82(6):1178-84.
36. Scaglioni S, Verduci E, Salvioni M, Bruzzese MG, Radaelli G, Zetterström R, et al. Plasma long‐chain fatty acids and the degree of obesity in Italian children. Acta Paediatrica. 2006;95(8):964-9.
37. Gil‐Campos M, del Carmen Ramírez‐Tortosa M, Larqué E, Linde J, Aguilera CM, Cañete R, et al. Metabolic syndrome affects fatty acid composition of plasma lipids in obese prepubertal children. Lipids. 2008;43(8):723-32.
38. Howe PR, Buckley JD, Murphy KJ, Pettman T, Milte C, Coates AM. Relationship between erythrocyte omega-3 content and obesity is gender dependent. Nutrients. 2014;6(5):1850-60.
39. Ogura T, Takada H, Okuno M, Kitade H, Matsuura T, Kwon M, et al. Fatty acid composition of plasma, erythrocytes and adipose: their correlations and effects of age and sex. Lipids. 2010;45(2):137-44.