Document Type : Research Paper
PhD in Nutrition, Department of Nutrition and Food Processing, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Al-Balqa Applied University, Jordan
1. Le Gales-Camus C. Address to the informal meeting of EU Health Ministers. World Health Organization (WHO). 2006.
2. Kumanyika S, Jeffery RW, Morabia A, Ritenbaugh C, Antipatis VJ; Public Health Approaches to the Prevention of Obesity (PHAPO) Working Group of the International Obesity Task Force (IOTF). Obesity prevention: the case for action. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002; 26(3): 425-36.
3. Pradhan AD, Skerrett PJ, Manson JE. Obesity, diabetes, and coronary risk in women. J Cardiovasc Risk. 2002; 9(6): 323-30.
4. Sotoudeh G, Khosravi S, Khajehnasiri F, Khalkhali HR. High prevalence of overweight and obesity in women of Islamshahr, Iran. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2005; 14(2): 169-72.
5. Top 10 Fattest Countries In The World – 2018 List. https://gazettereview.com/2016/06/top-10-fattest-countries-in-world/. Accessed 11 December 2018.
6. Webber L, Divajeva D, Marsh T, McPherson K, Brown M, Galea G, et al. The future burden of obesity-related diseases in the 53 WHO European-Region countries and the impact of effective interventions: a modelling study. BMJ Open. 2014; 4(7): e004787.
7. Nahhas R. Obesity a major health problem in Jordan. The Arab Weekly. 2017; 21.
8. Memon KN, Shaikh K, Khaskheli LB, Shaikh SR. Food faddism; its determinants & health outcomes among residents of Taluka Latifabad, Hyderabad. The Professional Medical Journal. 2014; 21(4): 691-96.
9. Kuchkuntla AR, Limketkai B, Nanda S, Hurt RT, Mundi MS. Fad Diets: Hype or Hope? Curr Nutr Rep. 2018; 7(4): 310-23.
10. Obert J, Pearlman M, Obert L, Chapin S. Popular weight loss strategies: A review of four weight loss techniques. Curr Gastroenterol Rep. 2017; 19(12): 61.
11. Al-Kurd RA, Faris MAE. Nutritional and Health Quality of a Group of Popular Weight-Reducing Diets in Jordan. Pak J Nutr. 2011; 10(9): 814-22.
12. Ayranci U, Erenoglu N, Son O. Eating habits, lifestyle factors, and body weight status among Turkish private educational institution students. Nutrition. 2010; 26(7-8): 772-8.
13. McBean LD, Speckmann EW. Food faddism: a challenge to nutritionists and dietitians. Am J Clin Nutr. 1974; 27(10): 1071-78.
14. Pam N. Food Faddism. http://psychologydictionary.org/food-faddism/#ix. Accessed 11 October 2013.
15. Pollan M. In defense of food: An eater’s manifesto. Amazon; Accessed 13 October 2013.