1. Cui H, Yuan L, Lin L. Novel chitosan film embedded with liposome-encapsulated phage for biocontrol of Escherichia coli O157: H7 in beef. Carbohydr polym. 2017; 177: 156-64.
2. Zarei M, Basiri N, Jamnejad A, Eskandari MH. Prevalence of Escherichia coli O157: H7, Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella spp. in beef, buffalo and lamb using multiplex PCR. Jundishapur J Microbiol. 2013; 6(8): e7244.
3. Djenane D, Aïder M, Yangüela J, Idir L, Gómez D, Roncalés P. Antioxidant and antibacterial effects of Lavandula and Mentha essential oils in minced beef inoculated with E. coli O157: H7 and S. aureus during storage at abuse refrigeration temperature. Meat Sci. 2012; 92(4): 667-74.
4. Sharifi F, Khanzadi S, Hashemi M, Azizzadeh M. Control of Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli O157: H7 inoculated on fish fillets using alginate coating containing lactoperoxidase system and Zataria multiflora boiss essential oil. Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology. 2017; 26(9): 1014-21.
5. Burt S. Essential oils: their antibacterial properties and potential applications in foods—a review. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004; 94(3): 223-53.
6. Park SI, Marsh KS, Dawson P. Application of chitosan-incorporated LDPE film to sliced fresh red meats for shelf life extension. Meat Sci. 2010; 85(3): 493-9.
7. Dutta PK, Tripathi S, Mehrotra GK, Dutta J. Perspectives for chitosan based antimicrobial films in food applications. Food chemistry. 2009; 114(4): 1173-82.
8. Shahidi F, Arachchi JKV, Jeon YJ. Food applications of chitin and chitosans. Trends in food science & technology. 1999; 10(2): 37-51.
9. Coma V. Bioactive packaging technologies for extended shelf life of meat-based products. Meat scie. 2008; 78(1-2): 90-103.
10. Basher A. Color Improvement and Shelf Life Extension of Fresh Red Meats Packaged with Chitosan Coated Films. Archived Dissertations. 2000; 801.
11. Raeisi M, Tajik H, Razavi RS, Maham M, Moradi M, Hajimohammadi B, et al. Essential oil of tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus) antibacterial activity on Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in culture media and Iranian white cheese. Iran J Microbiol. 2012; 4(1): 30-4.
12. Shahbazi Y, Shavisi N, Mohebi E. Effects of Ziziphora clinopodioides Essential Oil and Nisin, Both Separately and in Combination, to Extend Shelf Life and Control E scherichia coli O 157: H 7 and S taphylococcus aureus in Raw Beef Patty during Refrigerated Storage. J Food Saf. 2015; 36(2): 227-36.
13. Yoon JI, Bajpai VK, Kang SC. Synergistic effect of nisin and cone essential oil of Metasequoia glyptostroboides Miki ex Hu against Listeria monocytogenes in milk samples. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011; 49(1): 109-14.
14. Al-Holy M, Al-Nabulsi AA, Osaili T, Ayyash MM, Shaker RR. Inactivation of Listeria innocua in brined white cheese by a combination of nisin and heat. Food Control. 2012; 23(1): 48-53.
15. Solomakos N, Govaris A, Koidis P, Botsoglou N. The antimicrobial effect of thyme essential oil, nisin, and their combination against Listeria monocytogenes in minced beef during refrigerated storage. Food Microbiol. 2008; 25(1): 120-7.
16. Economou T, Pournis N, Ntzimani A, Savvaidis IN. Nisin–EDTA treatments and modified atmosphere packaging to increase fresh chicken meat shelf-life. Food Chem. 2009; 114(4): 1470-6.
17. Gao M, Feng L, Jiang T, Zhu J, Fu L, Yuan D, et al. The use of rosemary extract in combination with nisin to extend the shelf life of pompano (Trachinotus ovatus) fillet during chilled storage. Food Control. 2014; 37: 1-8.
18. Moghimi R, Ghaderi L, Rafati H, Aliahmadi A, McClements DJ. Superior antibacterial activity of nanoemulsion of Thymus daenensis essential oil against E. coli. Food Chem. 2016; 194: 410-5.
19. Ghosh V, Mukherjee A, Chandrasekaran N. Ultrasonic emulsification of food-grade nanoemulsion formulation and evaluation of its bactericidal activity. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013; 20(1): 338-44.
20. Donsì F, Annunziata M, Sessa M, Ferrari G. Nanoencapsulation of essential oils to enhance their antimicrobial activity in foods. Journal of Biotechnology. 2010; 44(9): 1908-14.
21. Noori S, Zeynali F, Almasi H. Antimicrobial and antioxidant efficiency of nanoemulsion-based edible coating containing ginger (Zingiber officinale) essential oil and its effect on safety and quality attributes of chicken breast fillets. Food control. 2018; 84: 312-20.
22. Severino R, Ferrari G, Vu KD, Donsì F, Salmieri S, Lacroix M. Antimicrobial effects of modified chitosan based coating containing nanoemulsion of essential oils, modified atmosphere packaging and gamma irradiation against Escherichia coli O157: H7 and Salmonella Typhimurium on green beans. Food Control. 2015; 50: 215-22.
23. Ehsani A, Hashemi M, Naghibi SS, Mohammadi S, Khalili Sadaghiani S. Properties of Bunium persicum essential oil and its application in Iranian white cheese against Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli O157: H7. J Food Saf. 2016; 36(4): 563-70.
24. Shokri S, Ehsani A, Sedigh Jasour M. Efficacy of lactoperoxidase system-whey protein coating on shelf-life extension of rainbow trout fillets during cold storage (4 C). Food Bioproc Tech. 2014; 8(1): 54-62.
25. Shin JH, Chang S, Kang DH. Application of antimicrobial ice for reduction of foodborne pathogens (Escherichia coli O157: H7, Salmonella Typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes) on the surface of fish. J Appl Microbiol. 2004; 97(5): 916-22.
26. Li X, Qi J, Xie Y, Zhang X, Hu S, Xu Y, et al. Nanoemulsions coated with alginate/chitosan as oral insulin delivery systems: preparation, characterization, and hypoglycemic effect in rats. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013; 8: 23-32.
27. Alparslan Y, Baygar T. Effect of chitosan film coating combined with orange peel essential oil on the shelf life of deepwater pink shrimp. Food Bioproc Tech. 2017; 10(5): 842-53.
28. Wu C, Wang L, Hu Y, Chen S, Liu D, Ye X. Edible coating from citrus essential oil-loaded nanoemulsions: physicochemical characterization and preservation performance. RSC Adv. 2016; 6(25): 20892-900.
29. Hosseinnia M, Khaledabad MA, Almasi H. Optimization of Ziziphora clinopodiodes essential oil microencapsulation by whey protein isolate and pectin: A comparative study. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017; 101: 958-66.