1. Dehnad D, Mirzaei H, Emam-Djomeh Z, Jafari SM, Dadashi S. Thermal and antimicrobial properties of chitosan–nanocellulose films for extending shelf life of ground meat. Carbohyd. Polym. 2014;109:148-54.
2. Deng P, Xu Z, Zeng R, Ding C. Electrochemical behavior and voltammetric determination of vanillin based on an acetylene black paste electrode modified with graphene–polyvinylpyrrolidone composite film. Food Chem. 2015;180:156-63.
3. Ruecha N, Rangkupan R, Rodthongkum N, Chailapakul O. Novel paper-based cholesterol biosensor using graphene/polyvinylpyrrolidone/polyaniline nanocomposite. Biosens. Bioelectron. 2014;52:13-9.
4. Ojagh SM, Rezaei M, Razavi SH, Hosseini SMH. Effect of chitosan coatings enriched with cinnamon oil on the quality of refrigerated rainbow trout. Food Chem. 2010;120(1):193-8.
5. Nowzari F, Shábanpour B, Ojagh SM. Comparison of chitosan–gelatin composite and bilayer coating and film effect on the quality of refrigerated rainbow trout. Food Chem. 2013;141(3):1667-72.
6. Jouki M, Yazdi FT, Mortazavi SA, Koocheki A, Khazaei N. Effect of quince seed mucilage edible films incorporated with oregano or thyme essential oil on shelf life extension of refrigerated rainbow trout fillets. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 2014;174:88-97.
7. Gómez-Estaca J, de Lacey AL, López-Caballero M, Gómez-Guillén M, Montero P. Biodegradable gelatin–chitosan films incorporated with essential oils as antimicrobial agents for fish preservation. Food Microbiol. 2010;27(7):889-96.
8. Moradi M, Tajik H, Rohani SMR, Oromiehie AR, Malekinejad H, Aliakbarlu J, et al. Characterization of antioxidant chitosan film incorporated with Zataria multiflora Boiss essential oil and grape seed extract. LWT-Food Sci.Technol. 2012;46(2):477-84.
9. Santhosha SG, Jamuna P, Prabhavathi SN. Bioactive components of garlic and their physiological role in health maintenance: A review. Food Biosci. 2013;3:59-74.
10. Marchese A, Barbieri R, Sanches-Silva A, Daglia M, Nabavi SF, Jafari NJ, et al. Antifungal and antibacterial activities of allicin: A review. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 2016;52:49-56.
11. Tsai CW, Chen HW, Sheen LY, Lii CK. Garlic: Health benefits and actions. BioMed. 2012;2(1):17-29.
12. Karuppiah P, Rajaram S. Antibacterial effect of Allium sativum cloves and Zingiber officinale rhizomes against multiple-drug resistant clinical pathogens. Asian Pac. J. Trop. Biomed. 2012;2(8):597-601.
13. Teixeira B, Marques A, Pires C, Ramos C, Batista I, Saraiva JA, et al. Characterization of fish protein films incorporated with essential oils of clove, garlic and origanum: Physical, antioxidant and antibacterial properties. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2014;59(1):533-9.
14. Rastogi L, Arunachalam J. Sunlight based irradiation strategy for rapid green synthesis of highly stable silver nanoparticles using aqueous garlic (Allium sativum) extract and their antibacterial potential. Mater. Chem. Phys. 2011;129(1-2):558-63.
15. Hindi NK. In vitro antibacterial activity of aquatic garlic extract, apple vinegar and apple vinegar-garlic extract combination. American J. Phytomed. Clinic. Therapeutics 2013;1(1):42-51.
16. Shahbazi Y, Shavisi N, Mohebi E. Effects of Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil and nisin, both separately and in combination, to extend shelf life and control Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Staphylococcus aureus in raw beef patty during refrigerated storage. J. Food Safety 2016;36(2):227-36.
17. Emiroğlu ZK, Yemiş GP, Coşkun BK, Candoğan K. Antimicrobial activity of soy edible films incorporated with thyme and oregano essential oils on fresh ground beef patties. Meat Sci. 2010;86(2):283-8.
18. Jay JM, Loessner MJ, Golden DA. Modern food microbiology, 7th ed., New York, NY: Springer Science Business Media, Inc,; 2005.
19. Djenane D, Aïder M, Yangüela J, Idir L, Gómez D, Roncalés P. Antioxidant and antibacterial effects of Lavandula and Mentha essential oils in minced beef inoculated with E. coli O157:H7 and S. aureus during storage at abuse refrigeration temperature. Meat Sci. 2012;92(4):667-74.
20. Skandamis P, Nychas GJ. Effect of oregano essential oil on microbiological and physico‐chemical attributes of minced meat stored in air and modified atmospheres. J. Appl. Microbiol. 2001;91(6):1011-22.
21. Tewari A, Singh S, Singh R. Incidence and enterotoxigenic profile of Bacillus cereus in meat and meat products of Uttarakhand, India. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2015;52(3):1796-801.
22. Rather M, Aulakh R, Gill J, Ghatak S. Enterotoxin gene profile and antibiogram of Bacillus cereus strains isolated from raw meats and meat products. J. Food Safety 2012;32(1):22-8.
23. Kumar GD, Williams RC, Sumner SS, Eifert JD. Effect of ozone and ultraviolet light on Listeria monocytogenes populations in fresh and spent chill brines. Food Control. 2016;59:172-7.
24. Shahbazi Y. The properties of chitosan and gelatin films incorporated with ethanolic red grape seed extract and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil as biodegradable materials for active food packaging. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2017;99:746-53.
25. Ala MAN, Shahbazi Y. The effects of novel bioactive carboxymethyl cellulose coatings on food-borne pathogenic bacteria and shelf life extension of fresh and sauced chicken breast fillets. LWT 2019;111:602-11.
26. Daka D. Antibacterial effect of garlic (Allium sativum) on Staphyloccus aureus: An in vitro study. African J. Biotechnol. 2011;10(4):666-9.
27. Lawrence R, Lawrence K. Antioxidant activity of garlic essential oil (Allium sativum) grown in north Indian plains. Asian Pac. J. Trop. Biomed. 2011(z1):51-4.
28. Lu X, Li N, Qiao X, Qiu Z, Liu P. Composition analysis and antioxidant properties of black garlic extract. J. Food Drug Anal. 2017;25(2):340-9.
29. Toledano-Medina MA, Pérez-Aparicio J, Moreno-Rojas R, Merinas-Amo T. Evolution of some physicochemical and antioxidant properties of black garlic whole bulbs and peeled cloves. Food Chem. 2016;199:135-9.
30. Bozin B, Mimica-Dukic N, Samojlik I, Goran A, Igic R. Phenolics as antioxidants in garlic (Allium sativum l., Alliaceae). Food Chem. 2008;111(4):925-9.
31. Kakaei S, Shahbazi Y. Effect of chitosan-gelatin film incorporated with ethanolic red grape seed extract and Ziziphora clinopodioides essential oil on survival of Listeria monocytogenes and chemical, microbial and sensory properties of minced trout fillet. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2016;72:432-8.
32. Tosun ŞY, Üçok Alakavuk D, Ulusoy Ş, Erkan N. Effects of essential oils on the survival of Salmonella enteritidis and Listeria monocytogenes on fresh atlantic salmons (Salmo salar) during storage at 2±1°C. J. Food Safety 2018;38(1):e12408.
33. Kanatt SR, Chander R, Sharma A. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of pomegranate peel extract improves the shelf life of chicken products. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2010;45(2):216-22.
34. Zhang Y, Liu X, Wang Y, Jiang P, Quek S. Antibacterial activity and mechanism of cinnamon essential oil against Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus. Food Control. 2016;59:282-9.
35. Kristo E, Koutsoumanis KP, Biliaderis CG. Thermal, mechanical and water vapor barrier properties of sodium caseinate films containing antimicrobials and their inhibitory action on Listeria monocytogenes. Food Hydrocoll. 2008;22(3):373-86.
36. Oussalah M, Caillet S, Salmiéri S, Saucier L, Lacroix M. Antimicrobial effects of alginate-based films containing essential oils on Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella typhimurium present in bologna and ham. J. Food Protect. 2007;70(4):901-8.
37. Babuskin S, Babu PAS, Sasikala M, Sabina K, Archana G, Sivarajan M, et al. Antimicrobial and antioxidant effects of spice extracts on the shelf life extension of raw chicken meat. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 2014;171:32-40.
38. Shahbazi Y, Karami N, Shavisi N. Effect of Mentha spicata essential oil on chemical, microbial, and sensory properties of minced camel meat during refrigerated storage. J. Food Safety 2018;38(1):e12375.